Social Icons

Thursday, April 5, 2012

BYU Gay Mormon Panel!

http://trevorantley.com/2012/04/05/byus-gay-mormon-panel-a-huge-success/

A girl in my MFT program told me about this panel. A sociology teacher at BYU organized a panel of BYU students who identify as gay or bisexual to help teach other BYU students about their experience being members of the LDS church. Apparently it was a huge success and they had to turn some people away because too many showed up! Hooray for people who are learning to be more open minded and accepting of others!

I still remember when Lifeforce protested on/near BYU campus and it caused a lot of drama. People were arrested. (However more for being civily disobedient than protesting)


I especially am glad to read the report of the student who reports that after he being to accept his feelings and deal with them, the mental health problems he had been dealing with his entire life seemed to wash away over-night. (That really fits with my understanding of repression and Psychoanalytic theory) I would have loved to hear this and hope the people that were turned away get to talk about it with some understanding people.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for bringing more information to this topic for me. I’m truly grateful and really impressed. Please visit http://goo.gl/NrKcQu

    ReplyDelete

 

Sample text

Sample Text